about 2 years ago
There are two weeks left to enter your submission to the Ignition: A Global Solana Hackathon. Submissions are due October 15 before 11:45 pm Pacific Time.
Your video is a major component of your submission. Here are some helpful tips for you to plan, create, and publish a winning video.
Get organized. Write out a script of what you need to say and demonstrate in your video, and rehearse it before recording. A good script should:
- Be 3 minutes or less.
- Include your elevator pitch of why you built your project.
- Show a demo of your project in action to prove it is a real application and not just an animation.
- An explanation of how you used the Solana Blockchain.
- An explanation of how your project fits in one of the tracks (DeFi, Web3, Gaming, or Digital Art/Collectibles).
Start Recording. The great thing about pre-recorded demo videos is that it doesn’t have to be perfect in one shot. Here are some suggestions for recording:
- Use an emulator or create a screencast with audio narration.
- There are many programs that might help you record a presentation such as recording a Zoom meeting presentation.
- Get a friend or family member to watch your video to collect feedback.
Upload. Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video to the correct platform. Uploading could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook Video.
- Make sure your video is public and playback is allowed so it can be played on other sites.
- Add the link to your video to your project submission.
We can’t wait to see your project and how you showcase it in your video.
Lights, Camera, Action!